(July 15, 2016) – Drive Oregon supports our 100+ members – companies and organizations from across the electric vehicle supply chain in Oregon, and across the country – by helping them stay informed, make connections, and access resources. In return, our members contribute annual dues that enable us to continue our valuable industry development work.
Drive Oregon’s current dues structure was established when the organization was founded six years ago, and has not been changed since. After much consideration, we have decided it is necessary and the right time to implement some changes.
As of October 1, 2016, Drive Oregon’s dues will increase across all membership levels. Before we explain the changes in more detail, though, we’d like to share with you the reasons behind our decision.
Since Drive Oregon was established in 2010, we’ve continually developed new programs and partnerships to better benefit our members. Here are a few highlights:
- Drive Oregon has become the lead organizer behind the annual EV Roadmap Conference. Now in its 9th year, the conference is nationally recognized as one of the top electric mobility events, and brings together key industry stakeholders from around the country to Oregon. Members can take advantage of this great opportunity to network, learn, and promote their organization – all at lower prices than non-members.
- Drive Oregon has created new messaging to better promote Oregon as a place where the industry’s leading firms are working to develop, test, and launch electric vehicles, products, and services. We’re spreading the story of Oregon as a Living Lab for electric mobility and, in doing so, are attracting new interest and engagement from across the U.S., and the world. Members benefit from having more attention on our state—bringing in new partnerships and opportunities.
- Drive Oregon helped launch and now manages the Energize Oregon Coalition, a collaborative effort to strengthen the plug-in electric vehicle market in the state. The Coalition’s work groups—currently on policy development, workplace charging, and utility engagement—are only open to members. By participating, members have a voice in shaping the future of electric vehicle deployment in Oregon.
While we’ve increased our impact since our founding, one thing we haven’t done over the past six years is increase our membership dues. Instead, we’ve focused on leveraging other funding and strengthening our network of partners to serve our members better.
Now, Drive Oregon is facing new challenges—or, as we prefer to see them, new opportunities!
As our membership and programming has expanded, our costs have increased. At the same time our primary funding source, the Oregon Innovation Council, has gradually been lowering their support as our organization becomes more established.
As 2016 got underway, we began considering raising our dues. After much conversation and research of comparable organizations, we developed the following changes that were approved by our Board of Directors in June:
- Increasing annual dues at all membership levels
- Creating a new membership level for the major automakers
- Creating a standard 50% discount for nonprofit organizations and government agencies*
|Membership Level||Current Dues||New Dues, as of 10/1/2016|
|Major Vehicle Manufacturer (OEM)||$2,000||$5,000|
|Nonprofit & Government||Varies||50% off level above|
* Non-profit & government organizations have been able to request reduced or waived dues, if they were not able to afford the standard dues. The new standard discount is intended to lower the number of organizations needing to request special consideration.
Join Now and Save!
The new dues structure will go into effect on October 1, 2016 – so, if you’ve been considering a Drive Oregon membership, now is the time to join while our dues our lower! Learn more about our many membership benefits and, if you’re ready to become a member, you can easily sign up as a new member online or by contacting us.